Metal work services we provide include:
- Architectural metal work, structural steel work and secondary steel work for main contractors in the building and construction sector
- Metal fabrication for the Petrochemical industry
- Sub-contract manufacture of fabricated metal equipment used in the Mining and Pharmaceutical sectors
We are committed to providing a friendly professional and reliable service to ensure that the requirements of customers are always achieved.
We're also able to provide a project management service for general building works, which covers new work, refurbishment and insurance work.
Architectural Metal Work
We have developed specialised expertise and interest in architectural metal work.
Examples of our work in this area include:
- Stainless steel and glazed balustrades for new schools and hospitals
- Designing, fabricating and installing feature canopies for hotels and businesses
- Creating arts and crafts-style ornamental metal work for high-end private homes
We also undertake one-off architectural commissions for private clients and quirky or unusual metal fabrications for shop-fitting companies. Whether interpreting ideas direct from our clients or working strictly to provided drawings, we’ll meet your expectations. Where required, we can provide design calculations to submit to local authority building control departments, and information for inclusion in the building’s Operations Manual.
Sheet Metal Work
When it comes to the range of materials we work in, there’s a wide choice which includes (to name but a few):
- Mild steel
- Stainless steel
- Galvanised sheet
In addition, we can cut, fold and roll everything from thin-gauge sheet metal up to heavy plate. We also offer laser, plasma or flame profiled shapes and MIG, TIG, and MMA welding.
We provide a range of finished items from a simple folded angle or flashing; cabinets or enclosures, ducting and material handling equipment and more.
Structural Steel Work
We can fabricate and erect structural steelwork ranging from a simple frame or platform to a complete steel-framed building.
A full design and detailing package is available on request or we will detail from engineering drawings provided. We also offer design calculations and drawings for approval as well as detailed fabrication drawings.
Sub-contracting elements of work enables us to be competitive and flexible and the range of services provided by most of the major steel stockholders has eased production in this area of work.
All steel work can be provided shot blasted and painted as requested.
Our complete fabricated steel erection service includes a detailed risk assessment and method statement prior to starting work. Where necessary, a site survey and lifting plan or contract lift can be also provided.
Our general fabrication services cover a large range of work and disciplines, and include a full design and drawing service. Areas included are:
- Metalwork: for example, industrial stairs and access platforms, ship ladders and balustrades, key-clamp handrails, railings and security fencing.
- Plant maintenance: such as installing new fabricated items, or carrying out planned or emergency repair works.
- Safety guarding to new and existing machinery.
- Supplying and fitting chutes, hoppers, extraction canopies and similar items.
With experienced on-site teams who can carry out site welding, erection and fitting, we’re well placed to provide everything from a simple repair to a damaged item – through to a complete metalwork package for a new-build production facility.
Painting and Powder Coating
We offer a painting and powder coating service for protective and decorative metal finishes.
Our metal finishing service ranges from a basic shot blast and zinc phosphate primer coat on structural steel to powder coated decorative finishes on architectural metal work.